Tuesday, July 31, 2007

OUR FAMILY TRIP TO TISHOMINGO

Last Thursday Matthew,Talan & I along with our good friends Rebekah,Todd & Noah headed to Tishomingo State Park where Rebekah,Todd and I grew up together going to camp with our church Fairfield Highlands. This was going to be our pastor Bro. Buck's last time to go to the camp due to his health and his age. So we loaded the families up and went on a long but rewarding day trip. I wanted Matthew to see and experience a little part of my history growing up and see where I had been talking about for all these years. If anyone has experienced church camp it is definitely something hard for others to understand if they had never been especially with our group. When we finally got there I had a wonderful feeling of home, even though things looked a lot smaller than I remembered nothing had really changed. As soon as we got there it seemed like we hit the ground running trying to keep up with all the activities that were going on we started out at the creek, went over the big and very wobbly bridge and then from there it just kept going and going. The best part was getting to see Bro. Buck and having him see our son, he started Matthew and I out on our journey of husband and wife and for him to see where we are now and being there for his last camp was a very rewarding moment for us. If anyone knows him you know what I am talking about, he just makes you feel good! So I have a lot of pictures to share some not so pretty as others due to teary eyes and the bonfire glow but ones that are very special to me. Hope you enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: